October 17, 2021

OntopNaija

Apply for Full Funded Scholarships | Study Abroad | Latest Songs and Music Download | Update Your Playlist

Two men arrested, police confirm

Two men arrested, police confirm

Two men were arrested in connection with the Mthwalume killings at KZN. The discovery of five female bodies in the area in recent months has also signaled the possibility of a serial killer.

MTHWALUME KILLS: NO ARRESTS YET

When asked if any arrests had been made in connection with the Mthwalume killings in KZN, Col. Thembeka Mbele, a member of the South African Police Service (SAPS), said two men had been arrested but that no arrests had yet been made.

It comes after the the fifth body of a woman has been found in Mthwalume on Wednesday August 12. More horrifyingly, the body of a woman was also found there a day earlier, on Tuesday, August 11.

After the two discoveries, police said the possibility of a serial killer in the area could not be ruled out.

“We are working around the clock, but we cannot rule out that a serial killer is moving here. It’s just that we don’t have conclusive evidence. The investigation that is being carried out will reveal all of this, ”Mbele said.

FIVE BODIES FOUND IN THE SAME ZONE OF KZN

According to South Coast Herald, three bodies of women were found in sugarcane fields in the Mthwalume region of KZN between April and July this year.

Two bodies were found in Mnamfu in April and a third female body was found in Nomakhanzana in July. Mnamfu and Nomakhanzana are both in the Mthwalume region.

Following these discoveries, the killings did not stop. On Tuesday August 11, the decomposed body of a woman, believed to be around 35, was found in the Nomakhanzana sugar cane field. A day later on Wednesday, the body of another woman was found in the bushes of Mthwalume, bringing the total to five.

Mbele commented on the latest discovery, saying;

“The body was decomposed but it can be confirmed that it was a woman. The chest here is open and it was covered with a scarf and was strangled. A murder case has been opened for investigation. “

Provincial commissioner condemns murders

KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Commissioner Lt. Gen. Khombinkosi Jula has condemned the killing of women in the south coast region. Sending a statement after the latest discovery on Wednesday, Jula said:

“Today, the decomposed body of an unknown woman believed to be in her twenties was found in the bushes in the Mnafu region of Mthwalume. This brings the total number of bodies recovered to five. “

“We call on community members to stay calm and make sure they don’t walk alone in isolated areas. All cases were referred to an investigator from the District Detectives Commander. At this point, we cannot confirm whether the same perpetrator is responsible for all of these incidents, ”added Jula.

.


%d bloggers like this: